We recently enabled PUSH on our servers. There are two methods of downloading PULL and PUSH. PULL checks the server at regular intervals and downloads any email. PUSH, on the other hand, sends email to your device immediately when it is received on the server.
The iPhone has a minimum interval of 15 minutes to check the server to PULL email. If you would like to receive your email directly, you can use our new PUSH service. To set this up on your iPhone follow the steps below:
- Tap 'Settings' and scroll to 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars'
- Tap 'Add Account...'
- Tap 'Microsoft Exchange'
- Enter the settings below
- Click Done
- You will get an error "Could not verify account information", ignore this
- Click Save, you will get an error "You may not be able to receive email", ignore this and continue
- Go back and edit the account and turn 'Use SSL' to 'OFF'
- Click DoneYour email should now be pushed to your phone. Please note, this is not actual exchange but only a workaround.Settings to use:Email: Enter your full emailDomain: Leave blankUsername: Enter your full email againPassword: Enter your passwordDescription: Enter a memorable description to identify your accountServer: mail.yourdomain.com